Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Quick Scout .....

I'm determined to get a little more exercise this winter.

So I grabbed my ALICE Pack for a short trip out back.

Catching my Breath Looking West


Eventually Wandered to the Debris Shelter to check how it held up during the Snow Storm and put the pack down for a while.


Roughed out a Hearth Board and Spindle for a bow drill set.  I used my Condor Varan.  This Knife is really Awsome.  Its rugged, sharp, holds a great edge and comes with a really good leather sheath.


Came across a dead pine and managed to get some fatwood from one of the lower branches....


I think it must be pretty good stuff....one good strike on the ferro rod lit it right up.  The spine on the Opinel #8 is a really good for a striker.


  All in all it was very nice out,  even with the 15 degree temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment