Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bushcraft Winter Shelter

This is my winter set up for Bushcrafting.  Nothing fancy,  just a couple canvas painter tarps and one U.S.M.C. Field Tarp.  The reflector is really weak yet,  but I have plans for a better wind block.

All buttoned Up
 I close up the front with the camo tarp when not in use.  This helps deflect the winter winds and keeps the whole thing from being blown over the ridge.

Front Flap Opened
 The front flap can be extended out like a canopy to provide some rain protection.
I use some rather large logs inside as benches and to weigh down the tarp bottoms.  This method has worked pretty good in the past for keeping snow from blowing in.

Fire Pit,  Needs more work
I'm planning on building up a rock and log reflector behind the fire pit as time and ambition permits.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment